Purposeful integration of strategy, consumer research, data models, client profiles & journeys, creative services and test plans launch a new product in the direct-to-consumer market.
The traditional, agent-sold business model used by this well-known insurer had been yielding flat results for years, and the business was charged with the task of significantly growing policies in force without growing “feet on the street.” A new consumer products division was created and charged with launching a direct-to-consumer product. Going direct had been contemplated for years; however, the logistics of launching a new division, alternative product pricing models and managing potential conflicts with agent-sold business were daunting.
The team at Intelisent dug in to develop a solid go-to-market strategy focusing on the web self-service, direct market. Using the insurer’s existing client data and appending additional variables obtained through a third party, our Data Scientists developed models that helped identify prospects with an attractive risk profile who were most likely to respond and convert via a direct channel. Simultaneously, our Creative team leveraged the same data to develop client profiles and outline a buying process that resonated with this unique target audience. This yielded new multi-channel creative messaging that systematically drove self-service prospects through the consideration cycle to become clients.
- Diversification of sales mix — reducing dependency on traditional agent-sold business and promising growth through the direct channel
- Deployment of direct-mail, digital and social campaigns built on standard tracking process and execution standards
- A baseline set of control creatives, as well as a portfolio of research-backed challengers to optimize response and conversion rates
- A purposefully engineered, scalable, cost-effective marketing plan integrating online and offline approaches to high lifetime value clients
- An undisturbed agent population operating with continued efficiency